Last Updated: January 15, 2012
Welcome to the web site and online services (the "Website") operated by Good To Know Inc, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Good To Know Inc"). Good To Know Inc values the privacy of our members and others who visit and use the Website (individually, "You" or collectively, "Users"). We take your privacy seriously and make it a priority to protect personally identifiable information that we obtain from and about individuals both online and off-line.
The Information Good To Know Inc Collects:
- User-provided Information: When you browse and use the Website, you may provide to Good To Know Inc what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, password, gender, email address, postal mailing address, homeand home/mobile telephone number). You may also be able to add a picture of yourself. If you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to a third-party social networking or authentication service that we may make available ("Authentication Service"), such as Facebook Connect or Google, Good To Know Inc may also collect such "personally identifiable" information that you have provided to the Authentication Service from the account you have with the Authentication Service. You may revoke Good To Know Inc"s access to your account on the Authentication Service at any time by updating the appropriate settings in the account preferences of the respective Authentication Service. From time to time, Good To Know Inc may also ask you optionally to provide other information. If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving Good To Know Inc the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy. Therefore, please understand that when you sign in with Good To Know Inc, you are not anonymous to us.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Website, we may automatically record certain information from your browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Website. Additionally, we may record certain information regarding your use of features Good To Know Inc may make available on the Website, such as the number of problems you have attempted, the number of videos you have viewed and the amount of time spent to complete a problem.
- Third Party Web Beacons: We may also implement third-party content, such as advertising, on the Website that uses "clear gifs," "web beacons," or other similar techniques, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third-party content displayed on the Website. This information is collected directly by the third party, and Good To Know Inc does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party"s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Good To Know Inc uses the information that you provide or that we collect in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you. Good To Know Inc generally uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Website. If you have given Good To Know Inc consent, we may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information about Good To Know Inc"s features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. We may also send information or offers to groups of users on behalf of other businesses. Under certain circumstances (for example if you win a contest) we may post your personally identifiable information on the Website. However, we will notify you of this possibility when collecting personally identifiable information or we will obtain your consent. We may share your personally identifiable information with certain other websites that we link to (and that you click upon) in order to enhance your experience in connection with the Website.
- Good To Know Inc uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect from Users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Website works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Good To Know Inc may use "cookies" information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- If you have registered as a member and given Good To Know Inc consent, we may share your personally identifiable information with advertisers, business partners, and other entities that are not affiliated with Good To Know Inc who would like to send you information about their products and services. We do not share personally identifiable information with other third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
- Good To Know Inc"s employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personally identifiable information you may provide to register as a member of Good To Know Inc. We may share your personally identifiable information with companies that provide services to us, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities (for example, contest and sweepstakes administration), but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
- Good To Know Inc discloses automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Website.
- Good To Know Inc enables you to share your User Postings with other Users of the Website, such as Users of the Website associated with your Educational Organization. Good To Know Inc may also permit you to share your User Postings publicly on the Website. If your User Postings are shared with other Users, any personally identifiable information that you choose to include in, or is associated with, such User Postings will be accessible by such Users. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- Good To Know Inc enables Users to share information and resources. If you are a User subscribing to the Website and you consent, Good To Know Inc may disclose certain personally identifiable information to other Users of the Website, such as Users associated with your Educational Organization. If you consent, Good To Know Inc may also share information about your use of certain Website features with other Users of the Website, such as sharing your activity history with Users associated with your Educational Organization.
- Good To Know Inc may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
- Good To Know Inc also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Good To Know Inc from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Website; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Good To Know Inc, our Users, or others.
- In the event that Good To Know Inc is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites:
Our Commitment to Children"s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Good To Know Inc does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Website from persons under 13 years-of-age unless Good To Know Inc reasonably believes the child"s parent has consented to the use of the Website. If Good To Know Inc learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on the Website without parental consent, then Good To Know Inc will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has a registered account with the Website, then you may alert Good To Know Inc at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that Good To Know Inc delete that child"s personal information from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
Good To Know Inc uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Good To Know Inc, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Good To Know Inc makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Good To Know Inc learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Good To Know Inc may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
The Website is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Website you consent to that transfer.
© 2011-2012 Good To Know Inc.